Clicking a picture will bring up all the posts pictures in a slideshow. To view an individual picture in full screen, right click and select 'Open link in new tab'

Thursday 28 February 2013

Dunaskin Recce - Walk Spoiler Alert - March 2013

On Tuesday the 26th of February I was making my way up to Waterside north of Dalmellington to recce the walk the Wigtownshire Ramblers will be doing in a fortnight.
On the way I passed Clatteringshaws Loch


Worth a panorama I thought
                                    Panorama of Clatteringshaws Loch on CleVR.com
                                            It's also on Panogio here Clatteringshaws

I met up at our prearranged starting point with the 'Ranger' who was walking with me.
We first looked at this a year ago
My blogging friend from Ayr also covered much of this walk last May with his Elite Group.

So here without too much explanation are a few photographs to whet the appetite of potential walkers.
Let's hope (and pray) the weather will be as good on walk day.

Miners and Ironworkers Institute now a private house, a closed school and a fairy tree.


Ice


Sheep above Patna


Railroad remnants




An outside loo I'd guess


View to the 'Awful Hand' range


I think the bridge may have held, but I wasn't going to take the chance and neither will those of you who are coming. 




The nearest patches of water are unnamed, in the middle is Bogton Loch and the little bit of water to be seen in the distance is Loch Doon


Corbie Craigs and the Burnhead Burn


Corbie Craigs Miners Row


Dunaskin Glen (down) 


Dunaskin Glen (up)


Dunaskin Iron works and the Scottish Industrial Railway Centre


Now, thanks to Google Street view and the Ordnance Survey I can give directions to anyone coming.
After leaving Dalmellington on the main Ayr road the A713 drive for almost 3 miles (I didn't think it was that far Stationmaster) passing a church and a few houses at Waterside and lookout for the slip road on the right.
Drive up to the top and cross the bridge on the right.



Just over the bridge are what were the offices, now private.

If there are no more than half a dozen cars we should be able to park on some waste ground outside the perimeter fence of the works.
It's going to be a bit of a late start probably somewhere between 10.30 and 11 due to travelling time, and the walk takes between four and a half to five hours. If we have the weather folks you'll enjoy your day out.

1 comment:

Thanks for all your comments. I may not get to reply to them all, but you may be sure they'll be appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Photographs

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.

Morning deer

Morning deer
is someone watching me